Yee-haw! Our new favorite phrase maybe just well be "Holler then Swaller". Bri and I traveled to NashVegas this past weekend to attend the wedding of our good friends Ashley and Trevor. We had a blast and the wedding was gorgeous.It was a strange to go from 75+ degrees on Saturday the 15th, to about 30 or less degrees on Saturday the 22nd, but we enjoy experiencing all seasons in one weeks time. In our free time leading up to the wedding we toured the Ryman Auditorium - and took a picture that may have you thinking, wow, I could be looking at the next Johnny and June Cash! Sadly, no that is not the case. We just smiled and looked pretty. No singing. No one would want that! Our new catch phrase came from our time at Tootsie's on Broadway, as we Honkey Tonk'd. Apparently it's all the rage to Holler before you Swaller your beer (or water, if you're knocked up).
This upcoming week is going to be really fun! There are only 3 workdays (yeah!), that means 4 days to sleep in (double yeah!!), but we get to find out the sex of baby birkett (triple yeah!!!). We've decided we will in fact tell people, but we will not be sharing names - so please do not ask us. I'm finding it hard to maintain any privacy (which is REALLY REALLY tough for me) and this may be the only thing we can keep and not have to share with everyone, including strangers, and by strangers I mean people Bri and I do not personally know. We debate back and forth each day when we are going to find out the sex. Obviously we can find out (pending the cooperation of Baby Birkett) on Tuesday at our appointment, but we've also tossed around another idea.
A friend gave us the idea to get the sex written on a card, go to a baby store and pick out and outfit for each sex, go to the register hand them the outfits, the card with the sex and our credit card. Ask the cashier to wrap the outfit that matches the sex in the card and charge us. We would then pick it up at the store a bit later so we don't know. The idea is that we hold onto this for TWO days, and open the gift with family during Thanksgiving Day dinner. I'm not sure why but I toss back and forth as to what to do. I love the idea of finding out with family, but then again it sucks because it's not like we can find out with all of our immediate family at the same place - but instead have to choose who gets to share that moment with us. So I guess my tip is to keep any eye on the blog, we'll for sure mention it here.
Friday we hit 18 weeks - we're almost half way there...ohh ohhh living on prayer...whoops! :-) Baby Birkett is about the length of a bell pepper and weighs about 7 oz. Movements are much more frequent (although I haven't felt them too much), as he/she is flexing their little arms and legs.

No comments:
Post a Comment