September 19, 2009

5 months old

Anderson is 5 months old today! What a whirlwind. I keep meaning to blog but then something always gets in the way. I've been back at work since Sept 8th, so maybe I can sneak in a blog update here and there at work. It's getting a bit harder to take his monthly picture because he's so squirmy. In the picture to the left he had just caught dad across the room.

As I mentioned I'm back at work now, so my time with Anderson seems very limited. We get an hour in the morning and depending on the day an hour to two hours at night. Not much time to hang out, but I really treasure every second he's awake (as well as the seconds/minutes/hours he's asleep at night). So what has he been up to? Well, he smiles all.the.time and we figured out that he is ticklish and because we are mean parents we tickle him to hear the giggle on-demand. He rolls over with easy mainly from his back to his front, but can do tummy to back if need be. We are all getting sleep. I'm proud to say Anderson has been sleeping 12 hours (yes, I know!!) for the past month and it has been a dream come true. The biggest development is he now eats oatmeal at dinner time. He looks adorable sitting in his highchair reaching out for the spoon. My gut says he's going to want to self-feed early.

Since our time as a family is limited we've begun a baby music class through the San Mateo Parks & Rec dept. He's the youngest in the class but only by two months. We sing songs and the older children tap sticks, drums and shake maracas. The songs have a lot of movement and after watching Anderson go up and down and swing side to side, I really believe he enjoys it. Even if he is too young to participate in some of the activities its 45 minutes that Brian, Anderson and I get to spend together doing something silly and fun.

Next weekend Anderson gets to be the guest of honor at his Red Egg & Ginger party hosted by his Toy Family relatives. It will be a great opportunity to meet many of his extended family members. I'm just hoping he makes it through without a meltdown. :-) I'm sure he'll be fine as long as we get a good nap/feeding in before and after the party.


1 comment:

mini_jen said...

I swear I think you got a few different size Julius'!
This boy is gorgeous!