Today Anderson is 6 months old - I can't believe it. Some quick stats from his well baby checkup:
Length: 25.3"
Weight: 13 lbs 10 oz
He's a bit on the small side, actually so much so we have to go into the dr.'s office next month for a weight check. I'm not too worried right now since he is a breastfed baby still (yay me!) and our pediatrician said that this sometimes happens with kids not on formula and he might catch up. If he does no worries, if he doesn't we will cross that bridge if/when we need to. Bri and I aren't the largest of people so I wouldn't expect him to be huge.
He started to eat cereal Labor Day weekend and has just progressed to twice a day. Last week we added sweet potatoes to the mix. At first it looked like he liked them but by the end of the week he'd seal his mouth shut and wasn't having any of them. So we've moved on to peas and it seems to be a much better success. You can see from the video in the previous post that Anderson can sit unassisted. He leans forward for balance but I think he's on the verge of perfecting this skill. Since he's getting the hang of sitting he decided to add army dragging the his repertoire - note i did not say crawling. If he wants a toy he's figured out how to drag himself to get it.
I don't like talking about this too often - actually I kind of loath it unless with my good friends, but I think it's time to celebrate a bit. I've made it to 6 months of breastfeeding (the word nurse creeps me out for some reason)! I don't think I can express it in words how much of an accomplishment this is and how proud I am of myself. It has been the MOST challenging thing I have ever done in my life and that is in no way an exaggeration. Anderson and I have had an uphill battle to say the least. The c-section, the tongue tie which led to him being on a bottle for over 10 days, to his preference for the fast and easy bottle (me pumping every 2 hrs 24 hrs a day for basically 5 weeks to get enough for him to eat), then there was this easy time for a few months, and the work came along - I feel like I pump all.the.time to produce enough for him to take to daycare. I get up at 5:45 to pump, feed him anywhere between 6:30/7am, pump 3x at work, come home, pump, feed Anderson and pump twice before I go to bed. OY! I'm tired writing it. But through it all, probably out of spite, I've kept up with it and somehow have met his demands. He's had all of 10 oz of formula when we were trying to figure out the tongue tie situation. That's part of the reason I have taken it so personally when I was told by Bri this am that he will have to have an extra weight check next month.
I don't have anything against formula and those that use it. In fact, I'm going to try and transition out the 5:45am pumping session which means I will have to send formula to daycare to make up the difference eventually. Whose says being stubborn isn't a good thing. If I wasn't I don't think I could have lasted this long. I think I'm going to splurge on a massage to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment