It has been a insane month in the Birkett household. Insane in a good way though. First, Brian decided not to follow his group to Monster.com when it sold by Yahoo!. Brian is now the VP, Business Development for a start up called Trubates - a site similar to Groupon but instead of a deal a day you search for what you want and they are on the site for more than a day.
Secondly, we decided to buy another house. We having been renting the house Brian grew up in for the last year and half because we didn't have room to live as a family of 3 in our 1 bedroom condo in the City. Bri and I were casually hitting up open houses to get a feel for what was coming online and one thing led to another. We're scheduled to close on the house on October 5th. It's pretty amazing - we'll be located on the keystone of a cul-de-sac and it has 3bedrooms, 2 baths, great flow for entertaining, a huge backyard. Behind the house is what is called a "Hidden Park". There are 6 cul-de-sac that lead up to this park, unless you live in these "Lanes" you'd never know about it. In fact, our back fence has a gate that leads out to the park letting you out right in front of the tennis courts. Why buy a house with all of that when the city can maintain it all for you! We still own our condo and thank our lucky stars for our amazing tenant! I hope she never leaves (or at least not until the market returns a bit).
Third, I have been gone for half the month. (insert tiny violin here). Bri and I had plans for months to go to the inaugural game of the NY Giants at their new stadium. It then turned out to be right in line with a trip to Paris I had to take for work (rough, I know). At first I was excited. A whole two weeks away to sleep in and recharge my batteries. Then as it led up to say goodbye to A I could feel the sadness creep in. What was I thinking! I don't mind the diaper changes, tantrums and tears - especially when they are followed by a hug, smile or belly laugh. With my trip winding down I've realized it was good but Skye is certainly no substitute for a hug & kiss from my two favorite men. Plus "table pour un" is no fun at all. I'd much rather be in the City of Light with them both. So tomorrow I take the 12 hour flight back to SFO and start the craziness of packing and moving. Bri and I will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary amongst a sea of moving boxes. So romantic - at least we'll be together.
1 comment:
Congratulations on the new house! Please upload or send pictures once you're settled in.
Post a Comment