Anderson started speech class last week. The EI system takes forever, so we 're happy to see him start. It's twice a week for two hours at time. I think we've already seen progress in the 4 classes he has been to. Anderson now signs "me", because they require the children to say or sign me to take a turn. He's also added a few new words - avocado, shark, snack and a few I can't remember.
He also tells us, " I stink", when something is going on in the diaper whether it's 1 or 2. In fact just this morning he tells me "I stink" so I take him out of his crib, unzip the pj's and have him sit on the potty since I noticed his diaper was dry. Low and behold he stands up, raises his arms and says "yay" - all for the right reasons! His first time going poop in the potty was a success. I hope we can keep this up and really get him trained by September. It's a bit a of stress point.
We're also looking at various stores to get Anderson his own twin sized bed. I think this will help the potty training front and help him see the progression from baby (diapers) to big boy (underpants).
No comments:
Post a Comment