June 18, 2012

Checking items off the list

The new bedroom is complete.  It's really an amazing transformation of the space.  I think Brian and I stepped in that room maybe a half a dozen times since we moved in the house 18+ months ago.  There was just no need.  Guests stayed in there, but other than that it was known as "Evita's Room" because that's where she hung out while we were at work. No so much anymore.  I don't have any good before photos, but here's the after!  We didn't have to paint the room, luckily when we moved in Bri and I decided to have all the bedrooms painted the same color grey for consistency.  It's a perfect neutral and if I do say so myself, all rooms look great and totally different because of the textiles & accent colors used in each room.

Big kudos to Bri for stripping the dresser and side table and then repainting them.  He was the one inspired to do the yellow - and boy did it take a lot of deep base primer and coats of paint to get them looking like that.   I can't imagine them any other way - I love it!




1 comment:

maura said...

That's a gorgeous baby's room! It looks like its out of the pages of a magazine. She's such a lucky little girl.