September 9, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Apparently a long weekend now means we'll head down south.  This time we went to the San Diego area, specifically Carlsbad, which is about 30 minutes north. We flew there because we received a  buy one, get one flight from Virgin America at he baseball game earlier this summer.  It was Waverly's first flight.  I forgot how easy it is to travel with the little ones! Anderson was great as well, it was the first time we flew without the carseat and I was nervous he would just want to get up the whole flight.  The last time we flew with his carseat he kicked the tray table for a good portion of time, yeah terrible.

Carlsbad is a great little beach town.  Unlike the Bay Area you can actually swim in the water in So. Cal, it was great. Anderson loved the ocean and the pool.  Another feature Carlsbad has is Legoland.  It's smaller than Disney and almost every ride is accessible for children 36" +.  It was okay. I don't know if we'd go back again, but Anderson had a blast.  He got his first bee sting while we were there, right near his eye, but some ice and tlc made it go away quickly.

It was great little spot for a long weekend and I have bookmarked it as a place to return to.

Waverly's first Flight

Legoland Pirate

Beach day in Carlsbad

Sophia & Anderson

Anderson swims! (a little bit)

Balboa Park, San Diego

On our way home

Anderson enjoyed the flight

No comments: