February 23, 2009

We may have agreed on a name!

Yes, you've read that correctly. I'm not going to post it, its been maybe an hour since we've "decided", so I need to sleep on it and come back to it tomorrow. I'll give a slight hint, his full name would be 7 syllables long. Although, I think this is it, I love it more every time I think about it and Brian feels he may have had the "ah ha" moment he's been expecting to have. *sigh*
So the 31 week post is a few days late, but we've been busy! We started the week by attending partner prenatal yoga. Bri was nice enough to appease me and come since he knows how much I've enjoyed taking yoga. Well, turns out he thought it was great and is now attending a 4 session Intro to Yoga class! The first half of last week was crappy, pun intended! Evita caught something, that we found out from other people seems to be afflicting other dogs in the city. It was not fun, and the poor poor girl just looked so sad. All I will say is we're ready for a kid - at least after 2 years they can tell you what's wrong and before that they wear diapers. The good news is that she was getting a little chunky and dropped some weight over the week.

I'm now going to the doctor every two weeks, and that went well. I think he still remains breech for now, but we have a few weeks before it becomes a slight issue. Saturday was a very long day! We had childbirth prep class from 9am - to a little after 4pm. Lots of info to digest but luckily the books we've read have addressed most of it. Then we showed our condo to prospective tenants - I'm happy to say we found a tenant and are extremely excited. It's a huge relief, and I feel like 100 lbs lifted off of my shoulders in a matter of moments. So we're officially going to be landlords. We're not making money but at least for now we'll still have our little slice of the city. We've also made some progress in terms of childcare. Our soon-to-be behind the house neighbor runs a daycare, and has a spot if we're interested. I still feel like we need to check out some more options to check pricing, but you almost cant beat tossing the kid over the fence and then going to work. I'm just kidding about tossing him over the fence, I was thinking we could cut a doggie door in the fence and have him crawl through. AND we've started to set up appointments with potential pediatricians. whew.

At 31 weeks he's approximately the weight of four navel oranges. Yeah, the comparisons are just odd now, huh? They don't really say much other than he's plumping out. I have read that we're still a few weeks away from his lungs being 100% mature, but everything else is just functioning fine.


1 comment:

mini_jen said...

A NAME! YIPPEE!
OH and Poor Evita-it was hitting the local dog park, we try our best to give Rosie our water and avoid the bowls at the park, yeah right!
Spin baby spin prepare for exit!
So excited for you!!!