February 1, 2009

I'm toast

It's the 4th quarter of Super Bowl XLIII and I'm laid up on the couch - only spending the first half out. I think it's official, I've tried to do too much and am now paying for it. Lesson learned. Most of the time I forget I'm pregnant minus the mini beach ball in my gut. Bri is sitting in Tampa, FL enjoying the Super Bowl live and will be spending the rest of the week in FL on business. I am slightly bitter that nothing in Bri's life has to change - he can drink and galavante around the country with his boys all he wants. Oh, and please don't feel sorry for him when he tells you he passed on a work trip to Hawaii (3 weeks before I'm due) - he in all seriousness considered going. Nice, eh?
Anyhoo - I thought, wow perfect time for me to get the house cleaned the way I like it and run some extra errands. So I ran a lot of errands yesterday - groceries, waiting in line to get frames and matting cut, yoga, and an hour walk with Evita since it was so nice out. Since I didn't get started cleaning, I woke up early today and quickly made a chili in the crockpot. Then it was time to clean. I moved all of the living room furniture (I think this was the mistake), swept, dusted, mopped and vacuumed the floors. Then I removed the couch cushions, vacuumed the couch and chair, re-stuffed the couch cushions to make them "like new" and moved all the furniture back in place. Wouldn't you know, I've been in some pain for the rest of the day. The bummer? It's only the living room that I've completed, our place is small but I was really focused to have it cleaned right. I really want to give the same treatment to our bedroom, but don't want to move the dressers by myself. I'm frustrated to feel physically limited AND my house is not the way I want it!!

Other than today's (let's hope I feel much better tomorrow) little bump in the roadd everything is going well. I can't believe it's February - we have such a busy month coming up. On Friday we reached 28 weeks, less than 10 weeks until Baby Birkett is considered "Full Term" at 37 weeks. According to babycenter.com he is the weight of a Chinese Cabbage, approx 2 1/4 lb.

No comments: