But first a shout out to my wonderful husband - Happy 31st Birthday! My how times have changed, it was just a year ago he was celebrating in Cancun with tequila shots. This year it will be some dinner and figuring out how to play MLB 2K9 for the Wii.
As of today I have two weeks of work left and three weeks until our due date (so I'd say realistically about 4 weeks until he's for sure going to be here). I can't wait for work to be over, just in the last two days I've hit a wall in the afternoon and could sure use a nap! I think we're pretty chill about what's coming up and trying to enjoy our moments together as a family of two. Bri's been a trooper - I haven't been in the best of moods since the move but hopefully as the house comes together that's changing.
We're still unpacking but we really hope to make some huge jumps this weekend and have most of it organized and put away. On Monday we're going to get our closet redone and have an organizer installed - which should make a huge difference. Special thanks to Rick for having the house painted before we moved in - it totally makes it feel like our home even though we're still living out of boxes!
I haven't blogged in two weeks just because there hasn't been much going on other than the move, work and trying to unpack a little each night. Our friend Gina gave me the best compliment last week, she said I was a very unpregnant pregnant person (something to that effect). It made me so happy, I want to still be Dawn!
I'll take a little bit of time to address some of the more recent frequently asked questions:
- Are you two getting excited?
Yes, of course!
- Are you going to insist on drugs? What's your birth plan etc...
These are very personal questions and I would like to keep them to myself for the time being. In the future I may decide to share, but until then I appreciate the questions and can certainly understand the curiosity.
- Are you guys ready?
Ha! I'm not sure if we'll be 100% ready or even know. We're crossing our fingers we are!
We'll play catch up on the produce from last week. At 36 weeks he was the weight of a crenshaw melon (6 lbs) and this week at 37 weeks is the length of a stalk of swiss chard (heel to head 19 inches or so). Like the past few weeks his main job at this point is to put on weight - let's hope not too much more!
36 weeks - weight of a crenshaw melon

37 weeks - length of a stalk of swiss chard
No comments:
Post a Comment