December 14, 2009

The bag of tricks explodes

So this is a few days earlier than the usual monthly update but I needed to record this so I didn't forget. The last 2 weeks have been jam packed with new tricks from Anderson. Besides his repertoire of physical skills he also has two teeth! So cute, they are the center two teeth on the bottom. They are hard to get a peak at but if you stick your (clean) finger in his mouth, you'll yelp - those suckers are sharp. kind of like puppy teeth.

As for for everything else - whoa. This kid has been army crawling for a while now and getting up on all fours and rocking for some weeks. Well he finally put it all together and he's just hustling about going wherever he wants. No longer is he content to stay on the carpet. Nope, I left him in his bedroom and he followed me to the living room. What else you say? Well he can now sit all by himself. He crawls, finds a toy and then sits. When he's done he moves on and crawls away. We found out about his sitting when I heard him crying in his crib when he was supposed to be napping - I open the door and he's sitting upright in the middle of his crib. Good times. Bri has it on his to-do list to lower the crib, as we've been watching him get on his knees and try to pull up on a variety of items. While this is so exciting and new, it's also bittersweet. He'll be 8 months this week - totally more little boy than baby at this point.

He's also putting on some more weight. As of Saturday he weighed in a an ounce shy of 15 1/2 lbs. yeah! Favorite foods include Yogurt (organic, plain of course!) and any variety of winter squash. I've been making almost all of his food from scratch. It's not hard at all I use these little steam bags and pop the food in my mini prep. In about 20 minutes I have enough food for the whole week. We're becoming more adventurous in our offerings and starting to add spices to the mix. So far there is not much he won't eat.

Enjoy a video of Anderson performing his new tricks and Evita getting a little freaked out he's on the move.



No comments: