February 19, 2010

10 Months old

He looks thrilled to have his picture taken doesn't he? Ha. He is cut from my cloth - A doesn't like being woken up. This past week he was waking up all by himself really early (5:30 am, early) and I was getting nervous. Luckily it was short lived and the past two days he's been waking up around 6:30 or so.  Either way, he doens't like having his picture taken when he's still sleepy.

I think he hit a bit of a growth spurt in the last few weeks.  He seems taller.  Not huge, but significantly taller. He's wearing 6-9 month clothes and doesn't seem to be close to growing out of 9 month pants anytime soon.

If you've seen the post below then you know that Anderson took his first 3 steps in his 9th month.  He doesn't repeat it too often, but every now and then he'll take a step towards me or towards the couch.  He doesn't stand on his own yet from squating, only if he can pull up on something but I get the feeling that is his next milestone. Anderson has pretty good balance, now it's just a matter of leg strength. No words at this point, still babbling and it consists mostly of da da da. Although I think he might be starting to really connect da with Brian.  On a rare occasion he says ma ma ma, but I don't hold it against him; Anderson reaches out for me when he really wants to be comforted. :-)

Anderson is a fast crawler and is always on the go.  It's non-stop when you are with him.  I look forward to meal times every now and then, just becuase he sits in his chair and can't move around!  He's eating a lot of table foods now.  Meatballs have been a hit.  I usually cut one up and toss a spoon full of yogurt on top and he gobbles it up. This month was significant in the fact that Anderson weaned from breastfeeding. After all the struggles and problems I'm proud to say we made it to 9 months and one week!  If I wasn't working we may have been able to have kept up at least one feeding to his first year, but we were both ready. 

So I can't find spell check on my updated blogger, hmmm. I'll try and proofread later, but right now I should get back to work!

No comments: