June 10, 2010

Full Speed Ahead

I was thinking the other day that I might actually be more exhausted now than I was a year ago with a newborn.  It may have to do with the fact that I work full time (and long hours lately) and have a walker on my hands. No joke, Anderson is in to EVERYTHING. Somedays I can't wait until meal time because he's strapped into his chair and can't run around for a good 20-30 minutes.

We went to Maui with Bri's family and had a great time. We've been taking Anderson to swim 'lessons", it's really singing songs while in the water, and found that it paid off.  He loves the water and will cry if he sees a pool and con't go in it.  More importantly he really enjoys swimming under water back and forth to mom and dad.  It's super cute! While we were in Hawaii Anderson got to spend 10 days with three of his cousins.  He also started to vocalize a  bit more than ever.  After his one year appointment we started signing three words - milk, more and all done.  In about two weeks he really got the concept and started signing back. It's amazing. He also has a few words - da (Bri), doggie, anana (banana) and hi. He's a very social kid and waves hi to almost everyone if we're in the store.  I was at the playground iwth him the other day and a person walked by with their dog, he waved hi and then picked up speed saying "doggie, doggie" while charging after the dog.

The biggest change that we've seen since his birthday is that he's lost the "baby" in him.  In what seemed like an overnight transformation he's more little boy than ever.  Maybe it was the haircut? Or the walking/running?  It's slightly sad but also exciting.  I once had a co-worker tell me that it only gets better as he grows up and you know what, she was right. 

No comments: