March 5, 2011

Potty time!

It's 7:30pm and I've just put Anderson to bed. Bri is in Tahoe at a bachelor party. While he's living the old life for tonight, I find myself reflecting on how times have certainly changed and will never go back.  The highlight of my Saturday evening? Throwing a huge "party" to celebrate the fact Anderson peed in the toilet for the very first time! Go Anderson, Go! Yup, I can't believe how excited I got.  I gave him high fives, kisses, hugs and a special Thomas sticker. Then I put some big boy undies on him (that I randomly purchased at Sear's, on sale, only today -just to have when I toilet train him this summer) and did a little dance with him.  Not even 5 minutes later I put him back in his diaper and off to bed. 

I in no way think Anderson will be trained shortly but it's a nice step.  We put the ikea toilet in our bathroom 6-8 weeks ago just so he could see it.  Lately I've asked him if he wants to sit on the potty (clothed) and when he does I give him a sticker.  In just the past week I've taken his pants and diaper off occasionally and asked him if he wanted to sit - again a sticker. At no time do I mention doing anything on the potty, so it came as a shock when he sat and used it this evening.  My plan is to take a week off of work late this summer and try the "3-day" potty training technique I was given in a pdf.  Of course being a realist I plan to take a full week off...maybe it won't be that bad after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Dawn and Anderson! Way to "go" Anderson! Great beginning! :-)