It was a normal morning, getting ready for school and work. Anderson was playing with a toy and I asked him to come over so I could put his shoes on. He refused and continued to play. I told him I wasn't going to ask again and proceeded to do our 1,2,3 countdown. Usually it works but today no luck, so off to a timeout Anderson went.
He pouted and started to cry, which is somewhat normal when he's in a time out (it's rare he goes in one). So Bri and I thought he was just upset he wound up in one. No no, he starts to mumble...I hear whaa waaa baby waaa. I ask him what's wrong. He then cries..."i don't want the baby out of your belly" and repeats it again. He looked sadder than I have ever seen him. Broke my heart in two. I waited until timeout was done (I know I'm cruel), hugged him and told him that he is going to be the best brother ever. He stopped crying.
Awe man. We know he'll be fine, but that was a rough 2 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment