I know I've mentioned it before but Anderson is a ham who cracks us up. In addition to being quite funny he is thoughtful, insightful and has an eclectic taste of music. Here are some of some of the latest "Andersonisms" as well as his current playlist that we must play while in the car... One day I will get his sing along on video - especially his "fist full of dollars" movement. Bonus points if you know song listed below that comes from.
My favorites:
1. On our way to school one morning we started talking about Halloween, because its never to early to figure out what costume to make. I asked A what he would like to be. He said a chicken nugget (funny story behind this - he's actually only eaten them 3x max). Um, ok I said. He then proceeds to tell me that dad will be ranch and I will be ketchup so he can "dip". I asked what sister (we are in a habit of calling her this) would be and he tells me that "she'll be a little kid...who eats the chicken nugget." Of course, how did I not get that.
2. We called my grandmother to wish her a happy birthday, and. A wanted to know where she lived. I told him, New Jersey. He astutely says, oh like Nan. Then says well not now, Nan is in Hawaii. Ha ha ha, little does he know NJ is probably the complete opposite of Hawaii.
3. Total boy moment here - while observing his naked body he says, " mom, my hands are big my feet are big, my penis is small" I died. It just was so random and I had to tell him that yes, compared to your hands and feet, penis' are smaller.
4. Speaking of body parts we have had to talk about mom's boobs and mommy's milk etc...since Waverly's arrival. He's been very curious but I do have nightmares about what he could go to school and talk about. I don't know how it works with much older boys and a Breastfeeding mom. I'm a modest woman but in my house it's a boob free-for-all right now.
Back to the Andersonism- on the way home from school Waverly was crying. He does his cute big brother thing, telling her it's okay, shushing and playing peek-a-boo in hopes of getting her to stop crying. Well it didn't work this time and he tells me that he thinks she is hungry. I responded that yes, she probably was. He then announces that she wants mommy milk to grow big and strong. I nod and say yes. He says "maybe she like kid milk from me. Nah, my nipples don't have milk." and gives a little chuckle. It was very funny and adorable. I hope to remind him of this during his rehearsal dinner. :-)
Okay I know that was long winded but I really wanted to be able to look back and remember these gems.
Here's Anderson current list of songs he requests and sings along to in the car - it's eclectic to say the least.
1. Kanye- Flashing lights and others.
2. How bad can it be - from The Lorax soundtrack.
3. Alycia Keys - If I ain't got you. "please you play your wedding song?" gah - I die!
4. You've got a friend in me - Toy Story soundtrack.
5. Kiss- New York Groove
6. Boom Boom - children's song we have on a personalized cd. Boom boom ain't it great tobe Anderson...
7. The Wanted - I'm glad you came
The Kiss song is my favorite - he screams "louder, louder!" and we have to rock out. He clenches his fist and shakes it in the air as he and Ace Frehley sings " with a fist full of dollars..." it's so darn cute! It's also the song they play at Giants stadium everytime the Giants score a TD.
No comments:
Post a Comment