December 9, 2012

5 months old

 5 months old!


Wave hit 5 months today! Yay for her.  We switched up the picture location from her room to the living room to capture the Christmas tree.  Pardon her hair-do(n't), its kinda of wild/fugly some days.  

Thankgiving
Big month - she marked her first major holiday when Thanksgiving rolled around, got her first taste of food (avocado - such a CA girl!), and began sleeping 10+ hours again (Thank god!).  Thanksgiving was great, we spent the majority of the day as a family of four.  We hung around that house, went to the park and had a blast.  We had dinner over Aunt Linda & Uncle David's house, with Bri's mom's immediate family. Anderson took over camera duties on Turkey Day - he's got a pretty good shot.


Photo by Anderson

mmm, avocado
Although we don't plan on Wave really eating until sometime in this next month she did take her first bites of Avocado after eyeing me up like crazy licking her lips. We put a bib on her, mashed it up a bit and gave it a whirl.  She loves it and has had a few bites when we've had it in the house in our salads and what not. God knows I'm not wasting a whole avocado on two spoonfuls.

We're still waiting for her to roll from her back to front. I'm pretty sure she can do it, she gets all the way to her side, kicks her leg and just stops, giggles and hangs out like that.  All she has to do is tilt her freaking head and she's flip over.  Oh well. I'm in no rush for her to start moving.  

I can't believe we're embarking into her 1/2 year bday month.  Crazy! She's fits in so well and we can't even imagine life as a family of 3 anymore. I asked A if he remembered what it was like without her and he even said no.  I guess that means we haven't scarred him too much, right?

No comments: