January 9, 2009

Checking things off the to do list

It's been a fairly productive week, personally and professionally. I think it has something to do with it being the new year and thoughts of a fresh start. I have started to take prenatal yoga. My back has been killing me in just one small section and no amount of stretching on my own seems to be helping out. I tell you, it must be some scene to watch me in this class. For those reading that do not know, let me give you an analogy - Dawn:Flexible :: Fish:Sky - that's right there is no comparison. I pity the fools who have to watch me. I like it though and it seems to help a bit. So that workout once a week plus my 2/3x a week at the gym have been keeping me in shape. I jsut wish you could tell - no no I like the mini belly. It's the 3 chins I could do without!

Another thing we can check off of our list is registering for all the classes that are recommended. We're signed up and confirmed for a full day (oy vey!) of childbirth prep and some other classes. It was nice to get it out of the way and just not have to worry about dates. We've decided to take all of the classes at our hospital, CPMC.

Still on our list? Child care. This is the biggest pain in the @ss ever! We were sent a huge list generated by the County of San Mateo and since I'm not familiar with San Mateo I have no clue where most are located and it just looks intimidating in general. Not to mention I still want to burst out in tears at the mere thought of the cost. It's a racket and will be driving us to the poor house for sure.

I don't think I've mentioned it on the blog, but we're going to be moving out of the city to San Mateo. We expect to be moved in no later than April 1. Suburbs here we come. *sniff sniff* I like the idea of more space and a yard, believe me! We're busting out of our little 1 bedroom as it is; can you imagine if we added a kid to the mix? I just love our place so much and the City for that matter. We're not totally giving up on our place, we're going to capitalize (hopefully!) on the fact that the rental market in SF is strong right now. I'm sure it will be fine. Watch in a few years I won't be able to even imagine living anywhere other than the 'burbs...strip malls, chain restaurants...whooo hooo.

Today we've reached the 25th week. Wow, it's really starting to fly by now and there's so much left to do! According to babycenter.com he's about 1 1/2 lbs right now about the same as a rutabaga. Um, i have no clue what you use a rutabaga for! So my hair is supposed to be full and lustrous at this point - little did they know my hair has always been full and lustrous. Not to brag, but it is a good feature of mine. :-) Baby Boy birkett on the other hand is putting some fat on his little body.

No update next week - as I'll be sitting on the warm beaches of the North Shore in Oahu! Woot. I'm ready to soak up the rays, float in the water and just not do anything! Later suckas.




No comments: