Holy cow I'm not sure how we ended up in the 3rd trimester already, but it's here as of today. I feel like he's going to be here before we know it. Still no name, but we're down to three and I think it will stay that way until he makes his appearance.
Last weekend Bri and I went on a short "babymoon" to Oahu. We had a great time and were fortunate to get some nice weather too. At first it seemed like we might get screwed - it was more tropical storm than tr0pical sun. Luckily it only lasted one day. We decided to stay up at he North Shore away from the Japanese tourist that frequent Waikiki. We spent some time down in Waikiki and had a great meal and catch up with Jen and Steve. While Oahu may not be our favorite of the islands we did take full advantage of everything it offered - even finding the set of LOST. Yes, thanks to Steve we were able to find the small portion of the North Shore that they have set up as the beach camp. No filming was taking place, but it was still cool in my book to check out the set. I'll post some of our favorite shots below and on our flickr.
In terms of the kid, he's doing well and growing. I had a doctor's appointment today and his heartbeat was strong and seems to be measuring right on track. I also had what I hope is my final glucose test (cross your fingers I pass and do not need a 3 hour test). The doctor did add a few new items to the to-do list. Who knew you should pre-register for the hospital so early AND research pediatricians. I'll admit those two items were not even remotely on my radar.
Since I didn't post last week, I think I'll play catch up just so you can see what our not so little piece of produce is in relation to. Last week at 26 weeks he was the length of an English cucumber (approx 14 inches) and lucky for him his testicles started to descend and should be complete by now. How funny would it be if he came out with a cry the pitch of Mike Tyson's voice? I guess we would know right away if there was a problem in that department. :-) This week he is almost 2 pounds, like a head of cauliflower, and is sleeping and waking at regular intervals - hmmm, hopefully sleeping at an 8 hour interval from say 11pm -7am, a girl can wish right!! the weekly emails also states that I may experience a leg muscle cramp more frequently. Funny story about those - I've had a few throughout the pregnancy and yes they hurt like HELL especially in the middle of the night. However, I thought I was being maimed the other night while in Hawaii. It happened twice in a row on the same leg. I thought the muscle was being ripped off the bone. Yes, I screamed and possibly cursed. I then proceeded to have a limp for the next day because the leg was so sore in the spot it occur ed. I hope that was the worst of it, I've been chugging water like no other since then.







No comments:
Post a Comment