January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's 2009! I can't say Bri and I rang in the new year in style - unless of course you count being sound asleep by midnight. It doesn't really pain me too much though - I love sleep; I wish I could put a ring on sleep and marry it. We were so busy from Christmas Eve through the 28th that I was thankful we didn't have to leave our house if we didn't want to. We'd like to thank everyone for their generosity. Baby Boy Birkett is spoiled already! We received so many wonderful gifts. He is one lucky boy, he has enough sports gear to get him through baseball and football season already. It's all so adorable too! Too bad the Niners gear won't be seen on him until the Giants bye-week :-).

My mom has requested to see a picture of me. Weird, I know. It's not like she didn't get to see me enough in the 17 years I lived with her. But I'm a sucker for my mom, so mom, this picture's for you. Hope it's what you were looking for. (I'm in the top right hand corner) hee hee... I'm looking good! However, not as good as Bri and his "serious" face.

This week marks the 24th week of our pregnancy, and according to babycenter.com he's the length of an ear of corn and is really developing his taste buds. Good thing I had a package of Taylor Ham in my freezer, I hope one of his first tastes was the deliciousness that is the New Jersey processed pork meat. Cindy, if you're reading this, I need a FedEx shipment STAT!! I have none left. We ate it as our first meal of the new year. Of course if you live in NJ, your name isn't Cindy and want to send me some, I will not turn my back on it. OK, ok I digress, but Taylor Ham was worth the diversion. Back to Baby Boy Birkett...I've been feeling him move a lot more. I think we're at a point where Bri should be able to feel him, but getting him to move on command isn't really happening. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at some point this week. That being said, I must look somewhat pregnant because I've been finally offered a coveted seat on the always crowded Muni trains during morning rush hour -not once, but twice. Alas, it's only the old ladies that have offered so I couldn't take their seats, but still a nice thought. It's funny how the younger men and women are all "asleep". Oh and I've dreaded this, but more than one person has reached out and tried to touch my gut. Really!?! I know, I know apparently I deserve this because I went and got pregnant. But if you're reading this, DO NOT attempt. Especially without asking. I'm going to start reaching out and rubbing other people's fat- hey at least I have an excuse. What's theirs? I must come off evil - but it's more that I'm a private person. I am loving being pregnant - just not loving the assumption that because it is getting more and more visible I have to share so many intimate moments I would not normally share with others outside my close circle. I hope that helps clarify, as I'm not trying to be mean.

No comments: